“Big data” is ubiquitous, but legal considerations regarding the collection and use of such data can get overlooked with significant consequences for all involved. This video analyzes the legal considerations affecting the handling of big data across several key industries, including finance, healthcare, data brokers, retail, hospitality, social media, mobile, IoT, and games. The legal analysis focuses on unfair and deceptive trade practices, privacy obligations, and the strategies these industries can pursue to avoid the triggering of legal scrutiny.
- Survey the big data legal issues affecting key industries such as finance and healthcare
- Obtain practical strategies and best practices to avoid becoming a legal target
- Understand the legal do’s and don’ts of using big data to drive business decisions
- Explore the legal framework governing privacy and data security in the context of big data practices
Alysa Z. Hutnik is a partner in the Advertising & Marketing and Privacy & Information Security practices at Kelley Drye & Warren LLP in Washington, DC. Alysa is editor-in-chief of the American Bar Association (ABA) Data Security Handbook, the past chair of the ABA's Privacy and Information Security Committee, and a frequent presenter on big data legal issues at O'Reilly Media's Strata + Hadoop data conferences.
- Title: Big Data Legal Concerns in Industry
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491994177
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Strata Conference New York + Hadoop World 2014: Video Compilation
Use the power of big data to drive business strategy What happens when cutting-edge data science …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Product Management Fundamentals
Positioned at the intersection of business, design, and technology, product management has emerged as one of …