“Big data” is ubiquitous, but legal considerations regarding the collection and use of such data can get overlooked with significant consequences for all involved. This video analyzes the legal considerations affecting the handling of big data across several key industries, including finance, healthcare, data brokers, retail, hospitality, social media, mobile, IoT, and games. The legal analysis focuses on unfair and deceptive trade practices, privacy obligations, and the strategies these industries can pursue to avoid the triggering of legal scrutiny.
- Survey the big data legal issues affecting key industries such as finance and healthcare
- Obtain practical strategies and best practices to avoid becoming a legal target
- Understand the legal do’s and don’ts of using big data to drive business decisions
- Explore the legal framework governing privacy and data security in the context of big data practices
Alysa Z. Hutnik is a partner in the Advertising & Marketing and Privacy & Information Security practices at Kelley Drye & Warren LLP in Washington, DC. Alysa is editor-in-chief of the American Bar Association (ABA) Data Security Handbook, the past chair of the ABA's Privacy and Information Security Committee, and a frequent presenter on big data legal issues at O'Reilly Media's Strata + Hadoop data conferences.
Table of Contents
- Title: Big Data Legal Concerns in Industry
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491994184