Bistatic radar consists of a radar system which comprises a transmitter and receiver which are separated by a distance comparable to the expected target distance.
This book provides a general theoretical description of such bistatic technology in the context of synthetic aperture, inverse synthetic aperture and forward scattering radars from the point of view of analytical geometrical and signal formation as well as processing theory. Signal formation and image reconstruction algorithms are developed with the application of high informative linear frequency and phase code modulating techniques, and numerical experiments that confirm theoretical models are carried out. The authors suggest the program implementation of developed algorithms.
A theoretical summary of the latest results in the field of bistatic radars is provided, before applying an analytical geometrical description of scenarios of bistatic synthetic aperture, inverse synthetic aperture and forward scattering radars with cooperative and non-cooperative transmitters. Signal models with linear frequency and phase code modulation are developed, and special phase modulations with C/A (coarse acquisition) and P (precision) of GPS satellite transmitters are considered. The authors suggest Matlab implementations of all geometrical models and signal formation and processing algorithms.
1. Bistatic Synthetic Aperture Radar (BSAR) Survey.
2. BSAR Geometry.
3. BSAR Waveforms and Signal Models.
4. BSAR Image Reconstruction Algorithms.
5. Analytical Geometrical Determination of BSAR Resolution.
6. BSAR Experimental Results.
7. BSAR Matlab Implementation.
A general theoretical description of bistatic technology within the scope of synthetic aperture, inverse synthetic aperture and forward scattering radars from the point of view of analytical geometrical and signal formation and processing theory.
Signal formation and image reconstruction algorithms are developed in this title, with application of high informative linear frequency and phase code modulating techniques. Numerical experiments that confirm theoretical models are carried out and the authors suggest program implementation for the algorithms developed.
Table of contents
- Title Page
Chapter 1. Bistatic Synthetic Aperture Radar (BSAR) Survey
- 1.1. Introduction and Main Definitions
- 1.2. Passive Space-Surface Bistatic and Multistatic SAR
- 1.3. Forward Scattering Radars
- 1.4. A Moving Target Problem as an Inversion Problem in Multistatic SAR
- 1.5. BSAR Models, Imaging, Methods and Algorithms
- Chapter 2. Bsar Geometry
Chapter 3. Bsar Waveforms and Signal Models
- 3.1. Short Pulse Waveform and the BSAR Signal Model
- 3.2. LFM Pulse Waveform
- 3.3. CW LFM Waveform and Modeling of Deterministic Components of BSAR Signal
- 3.4. Phase Code Modulated Pulse Waveforms
- Chapter 4. Bsar Image Reconstruction Algorithms
- Chapter 5. Analytical Geometrical Determination of Bsar Resolution
Chapter 6. Bsar Experimental Results
- 6.1. Example 1: BFISAR with Short-Pulse Waveform
- 6.2. Example 2: BFISAR with Pulse LFM Waveform
- 6.3. Example 3: Asymmetric Geometry of BFISAR with Pulse LFM Waveform
- 6.4. Example 4: BGISAR with Barker PCM Waveform
- 6.5. Example 5: BGISAR with GPS C/A Pcm Waveform
- 6.6. Example 6: BGISAR with GPS P PCM Waveform
Chapter 7. Bsar Matlab Implementation
- 7.1. Construction of a Helicopter Image
- 7.2. BGISAR Imaging
- 7.3. BFISAR Imaging by Short Pulses
- 7.4. Continuous Linear Frequency Modulated Waveform Generation
- 7.5. Pulse LFM Waveform Generation
- 7.6. BFISAR Imaging by Pulse Lfm Waveform
- 7.7. GPS Coarse Acquisition Phase Code Modulated Waveform Generation
- 7.8. BGSAR Imaging by GPS C/A PCM Waveform
- 7.9. GPS Precision Phase Code Modulated Waveform Generation
- 7.10. BGISAR Imaging by GPS P PCM Waveform
- 7.11. Multistatic SAR Imaging by Pulse LFM Waveform
- 7.12. Isorange Ellipse Generation
- 7.13. Range Resolution Determination
- Title: Bistatic SAR/GISAR/FISAR Geometry, Signal Models and Imaging Algorithms
- Release date: January 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781848215740
You might also like
Understanding Digital Signal Processing
Amazon.com’s Top-Selling DSP Book for Seven Straight Years—Now Fully Updated! is quite simply the best resource …
In this book we describe the basic elements of present computational technologies that use the algorithmic …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 3rd Edition
Through a recent series of breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Time Series Forecasting in Python
Build predictive models from time-based patterns in your data. Master statistical models including new deep learning …