1. Gay Bryant wrote an Adweek article containing the first documented use of the term glass ceiling in 1984. The term became a permanent part of the American lexicon with a subsequent article by Carol Hymowitz and Timothy Schellhardt, which appeared in the Wall Street Journal on March 24, 1986.
2. Us Weekly magazine, 566, December 18, 2005, p. 87.
STRATEGY 1: ESTABLISH A STRONG IDENTITY AND PURPOSE
1. Excerpted from Riesman, Freedman, Workman, and Cooley, New Work for the Head, Heart and Hand.
STRATEGY 3: DEMONSTRATE EXCELLENCE
1. New York Times, Sept. 9, 2009. “In Lawmaker’s Outburst, a Rare Breach of Protocol,” by Carl Hulse, http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/us/politics/10wilson.html?_r=1
2. New York Times, Nov. 30, 2009. ...