In this chapter, we learned how to link change to the progress of the animation frames and how to associate state information with an object. We also saw how to change layers, for example to render an object invisible. Specifically we saw:
- What script links and space handlers are
- How to perform activities on each frame change in an animation
- How to associate additional information with an object
- How to make an object appear or disappear by changing lay or changing its transparency
- How to implement a scheme to associate a different mesh with an object on each frame
- How to augment the functionality of the 3DView
Next up: adding shape keys and IPOs.