We've covered a lot about ambient occlusion, discussing not only the theory and settings behind it, but also how to apply it to our scene. We've looked at:
- How Blender treats ambient lighting
- The different algorithms for rendering ambient lighting, including raytraced and approximate ambient lighting
- The differences between ambient occlusion, environment lighting, and indirect lighting
- How to use each algorithm in a practical setting
- How ambient occlusion affects our own scene
- How to apply it to our working file
Now it's on to one of the more fun parts of lighting and rendering creating and editing textures and materials!