The last step in sending the UV Layout to an external image editor is to save the layout as a bitmap image, with the script called Save UV Face Layout… in the UV menu. This script will generate a TGA file with the layout ready to be edited.
These are the options that will appear when setting up the layout:
- Size: Size in pixels of the UV Layout. Choose a high size to work with details in the texture
- Wire: Size of the line that will mark the edges of the unfolded mesh
- Wrap: Change the scale of the layout
- All Faces: If this button is turned off, only the selected faces will be exported
- Object: Uses the object name in the TGA filename ...