Time for action — seeing how the lighting looks without rendering
Sometimes you want to get an idea of how a scene looks without rendering. You can do this with the Viewport Shading menu as shown in the following screenshot:
- On the header at the bottom of the 3D window, there is a blank white circle, as highlighted in the previous screenshot.
- Click theLMB and a menu appears as shown previously.
- Scroll up to the circle with the checkerboard and the word Texture.
- Press theLMB.
- Press 7 on the Numpad to see the top view.
- Move the lamp close to one corner of the cube as shown in the following screenshot.
- Press 1 on the Numpad to see the front view.
- Move the ...