Time for action — extruding to make the inside of the hull
The first step here is to create an inside for the hull. You will extrude the face without moving it, and shrink it a bit. This will create the basis for the gunwale:
- Create a new file, and zoom into the default cube.
- Select Wireframe from the Viewport Shading menu on the header, as discussed in the previous chapter.
- Press the Tab key for Edit Mode.
- Choose Face Selection mode from the header. It is the orange parallelogram, as discussed in the previous chapter.
- Select the top face with theRMB.
- Press the E key to extrude the face, then immediately press Enter.
- Move the mouse away from the cube. Press the S key to scale the face with the mouse. While you are scaling it, press Shift+Ctrl, and scale ...