Time for action — adding curves to the boat's lines by subdividing
You've discovered two of box-modeling's most powerful tools: extrusion and moving vertices. Now, it's time to discover the third one: subdividing. Now, the hull will begin to look like a boat.
- Press A to deselect all vertices.
- Select Edge Select mode on the 3D View header.
- Press B to do a Border select to select the edges of the sides of the boat, but not the bow or the stern, as seen in the following image:
- Press W to get the Specials menu. Select Subdivide with theLMB.
- On the left, in the Tool Shelf, a sub panel is labeled Subdivide. Make sure that the arrow next to the word Subdivide ...