Time for action — adding a seat to the boat
Congratulations, you've made a boat. The next step is to add seats to it. You'll see that you can have an object where the parts are not all in one place.
- Open up the jonboat file. I'm using the flat bow version, but you can use a flat or pointed bow as you prefer. Press Numpad 3 to get the side view.
- Press Shift+S, and select Cursor to Center from the menu.
- In the 3D View header, turn off the 3D manipulator display.
- Use the LMB to move the 3D cursor up, and close to the top of the boat, as shown in the following image:
- Make sure that the boat is in Object Mode. Press Tab to change it, if it is not.