Time for action — coloring the hull and the gunwale
Your boat is a pretty simple object. The entire hull can be one color, but its nice to give the gunwale a different color to accent the top, and provide more definition.
- Make sure you are working in Layer 1.
- If you have the Properties Panel in the 3D View closed, open it with the N key.
- Select the camera with theRMB.
- Press 0 on the Numpad to change to the Camera view.
- Move the camera back by pressing the G key, then tapping the Z key twice, and move the mouse, so that the camera dollies out along its local Z direction until the whole boat shows up.
- Change to the Top view.
- Select the lamp with theRMB. In the Properties pane, set the lamp's location to
X= -1.900, Y= -6.800, and
- Press Shift+D ...