Time for action — adding a texture to the seats
Now, you've added a material to the boat. Next, you will add a wood texture to the seats and learn a new panel in the Properties window.
- Press Tab to go into Object Mode, and select the seats with theRMB.
- Add a new material slot just like you did when you made the
Hull material. Name it
- Go up to the header of the Properties window, and select the Textures button. It has a red and white checkerboard on it, and it is next to the Materials button. It's highlighted in blue, as seen at the top of the next image.
- Add a new texture by clicking on the button called New, as shown at the bottom of the following screenshot:
- Where the New button was, it now says Texture. Click on the word Texture, and change ...