Time for action — making the oarlock
This will be a change. But with some deletion of faces, copying them, moving them, and extruding, them you will soon have an oarlock:
- Open a new file in Blender.
- Press X to delete the default cube.
- Make a cylinder. In the Tool Shelf, set the radius to 0.083, like the shaft of the oar as seen in the following screenshot:
- Change to the Top view, Ortho mode, and zoom in to the cylinder.
- Press A to deselect the cylinder. Press Shift+A and select Mesh and then Torus from the drop-down menu.
- In the Tool Shelf set the Major Radius to 0.13, the Minor Radius to 0.035, Major Segments to 18, and the Minor Segments to 12. This ...