Time for action — adding a template
Now you'll get started by putting up the templates so they can be seen within the 3D View:
- Open a new file in Blender.
- Press Numpad 3 to get the Right view in the 3D View. Press Numpad 5 to make sure it is in Ortho mode.
- Press N to display the Properties panel in the 3D View.
- Scroll down to the Background Images subpanel of the 3D View Properties panel as seen in the following screenshot.
- Click theLMB over the triangle that is on the left of the subpanel to open it up.
- Check the checkbox by the text Background Images so that the background image will be displayed.
- Click on the Add Image button with theLMB.
- Click on the Open button with theLMB and load the image
6907_07_01.png from this chapter's
Images directory in ...