Time for action — making the path and the cross-section for the tiller
First, you will create a path that describes the length of the tiller and then you will create the shape of the cross-section of the tiller:
- With the cursor over the 3D View, press M, 2, and Enter to move the rudder to Layer 2.
- Press A to deselect all objects.
- Adjust the 3D View so that you can see the entire length of the tiller on the template (the tiller is the handle that controls the rudder).
- Move the 3D Cursor to the vertical center of the right end of the tiller.
- Press Shift+A and select Curve then Bezier from the menus to make a Bezier Curve.
- Press R, Y, 90, and Enter.
- Press the Tab key to get into Edit Mode. Move the top control point to the left tip of the tiller. Move ...