Time for action — finishing the hull
The hull is pretty close to its final shape. Now, it's time to check the shape and tighten up the dimensions:
- Press Numpad 7 to get the Top view.
- Press Z to toggle from Solid to Wireframe. Press the Tab key to go into Object Mode.
- Look carefully at the outline of the sloop as compared to the template, as shown on the left of the following screenshot. The boat is wider than the template shows it should be. Making the hull taller apparently made it a little wider too.
- Press the Tab key again to return to Edit Mode. Press A to deselect all the control points.
- Press B and then use the mouse to select the three center sets of vertical control points, as shown in the following screenshots:
- Press S, X, and use the mouse ...