Time for action — coloring and texturing the sloop hull
The hull has two textures, a painted texture for the outer hull and the cockpit and a wooden texture for the deck:
- Reopen the file you just made in the last Time for action — section, that has the cabin with holes for the door and portals.
- Press Numpad 3 to get the Side view. Make sure you can see the entire sloop.
- Select Layer 1. Select the hull with theRMB.
- Press the Tab key to go into Edit Mode.
- In the 3D View header choose the Face Select mode.
- Make sure that the 3D View shading is set to Solid in the Viewport Shading menu on the header.
- Make sure that the Limit Selection to Visible button is dark gray and that you cannot see through the surface of the sloop.
- In the Properties window, make sure ...