Time for action — adding the rudder, tiller, and keel
Without the rudder, tiller, and keel, the sloop would drift aimlessly. They are simple objects but they need a little special handling to fit correctly onto the sloop:
- In the File menu, select Append.
- Open the Object folder.
- Select the Keel, the Rudder, the Tiller Path, and the Tiller Shape with Shift+LMB.
- Press theLMB on the Link/Append from Library button.
- In the 3D View, press A to deselect everything.
- Use theRMB to select the tiller. Check to see that the tiller clears the sloop's deck. If it doesn't, move it so it does.
- Select the Material button in the Properties window header. It's the ninth button from the left.
- Click on the silver ball next to the New button as seen here.
- Choose the Deck Material ...