Time for action — adding the ship's wheel
Now it's time to add the ship's wheel. You may be surprised by an after-effect of the DupliVerts as you add materials:
- Press 2 to go to Layer 2. If you are emulating the Numpad, use the layer controls in the 3D View header instead.
- In the File menu, select Append.
6907_09_sloop_ships wheel.blend or the file you saved with the spokes rim and hub still separate.
- Open the Object folder.
- Press A to select all of the objects.
- Press theLMB on the Link/Append from Library button.
- Press the Home key to zoom into the spoke. Use the Fn+Left arrow if using a Mac without a Home key.
- Use theMMB to rotate the view so you can see the ship's wheel better.
- Use theRMB to select a spoke as seen on the left of the following ...