Time for action — using a NURBS surface to make the mainsail
You have used Subdivision Surfaces to model the sloop's hull and Bezier Curves to make the rudder and keel. Now you will use a NURBS (Non Uniform Rational B Spline) surface to make the mainsail:
- Zoom out so you can see the whole sloop.
- Press Shift+S and select Cursor to Center.
- Put the cursor between the boom and gaff in the middle of where the sail will be.
- Press Shift+A. Choose Add Surface then NURBS Surface.
- Press R, Y, -90, Enter.
- Press the Tab key
- In the Properties window select the Object Data, it's the eighth button from the left.
- In the 3D View, select one of the bottom control points of the NURBS Surface with theRMB.
- In the Properties window, the Active Spline subpanel appears, check ...