Time for action — understanding the proportional editing control
Proportional editing allows you to move one vertex, and all the vertices around it are also affected to varying degrees. There are seven different falloff patterns that you can choose from depending on your needs. Here you will learn to set up the Proportional Editing controls:
- Reopen the landscape that you made before the previous Have a go hero section.
- In the Layers control in the 3D View header, select Layer 1.
- Select the island and press the Tab key to go into Edit Mode.
- In the 3D View Properties panel, Mesh Display subpanel, click on the Faces button under the word Normals:. Set the Size: button to 10.
- Use theMMB and the mouse to rotate the island and inspect the normals. Be sure ...