Time for action — using proportional editing to create the port
Now that you have a good basis for your island, it's time to tailor it to your needs. The first step is creating an area for putting houses, trees, and the pier:
- In the Layers control in the 3D View header, select Layer 2 with theRMB and then select Layer 1 with Shift+RMB.
- I have provided a template that will help you in selecting the faces for the port and for the breakwater. Append the Port and Breakwater object from the file
6907_10_Port and Breakwater Templates.blend in your
Chapter 10/Blender Files/ download kit.
- You'll now see two flat objects floating above your island as shown in the following screenshot:
- Select the island with theRMB.
- Press Numpad 7 to get the Top view.
- Make sure ...