Time for action — building the breakwater
A port needs protection from waves. The opening to the sea is too large, so you will be extending the little jetty and adding contours so that it looks like a natural part of the island:
- Press Numpad 7 to get the Top view.
- The breakwater will be at the top of the island. Press Shift+MMB and use the mouse to move to the top of the island.
- Press A to deselect all the faces. Press C to select the faces for the breakwater using the template as your guide.
- When you are done, press theMMB and rotate around so you can see the faces you've selected.
- Press G, Z, and move the selected faces up eight units to create the base of the breakwater. Use the Ctrl key to round off the units. Use the Page Up/Page Down keys to ...