Time for action — creating the pier frame rails with Bezier Curves
It may be hard to believe that you can make an entire pier with a rectangle, a Bezier Curve, a cube, and a cylinder, but that's what you are going to do next. The first step is to create a frame to carry the planks of the pier:
- Select Object Mode from the 3D View header.
- Press Numpad 7 to get the Top view. Press Numpad 5 to get the Ortho mode. Zoom into the edge between the port and the water.
- In the Layers control in the 3D View header, select Layer 1 with theRMB and then select Layer 2 with Shift+RMB.
- Press Shift+S and select Cursor to Center from the menu.
- Click theLMB over the edge between the water and the port.
- Press A to deselect any objects.
- Press Shift+A and select Mesh and ...