Time for action — adding planks to the pier with DupliFrames
DupliFrames are the stronger cousin to DupliVerts. It will take one plank and make 100 out of it, and use the same object that you made to control the rails of the pier:
- Now select the cube you made to establish the length of the pier, with theRMB. In the Properties window, select the Object button in the header. It is the fifth button from the left, with the cube on it. Change the name from Cube to Plank.
- In the 3D View Properties panel in the Transform subpanel, set the Dimensions: to X: 8.00, Y: 1.000, and Z: 0.150.
- Press Shift+RMB and select the Pier Railing Path.
- Press Ctrl+P to parent the rails to the plank. Select Object from the pop-up menu.
- Zoom out and select the plank with the ...