Time for action — using arrays to create the pilings for the pier
Arrays are similar to DupliFrames, and DupliVerts, but instead of depending on objects to control the distribution of copies, arrays use mathematical formulas that list the number of copies and the kind of spacing that is put between copies. They are great for making pier pilings:
- Press A to deselect all objects.
- Press Shift+A and select Mesh then Cylinder from the menus. Name the cylinder
- In the Add Cylinder subpanel of Tool Shelf, set the Vertices to 15.
- If you do not see the Add Cylinder subpanel, look for a small plus sign at the bottom of the Tool Shelf. Click on the plus sign and the Add Cylinder subpanel will appear.
- Press S, 0.650, and Enter to make the cylinder narrower. ...