Time for action — using groups to organize your scene
Groups are a good way to organize the objects in your scene. They let you move multiple objects at a time and each object can be a member of more than one group, so you can organize them whatever way you want:
- Press A to deselect everything. Select the sails of the sloop with Shift+RMB.
- In the 3D View header, choose Object, then pick Group, and then Create New Group from the menus.
- In the Properties window, select the Object button from the header, it's the fifth button from the left with the cube on it.
- In the Groups subpanel, under the button that says Add to Group is a text entry button. Input Sail Group into that button.
- Now look in the header of the Outliner window above the Properties window. ...