Time for action — using the Custom Curve to tailor light
The Custom Curve allows you to tailor the falloff exactly to your needs:
- In the Lamp subpanel, click the button beneath Falloff: look out for Inverse Square and select Custom Curve from the menu.
- Set the Distance: to 47 in the button below Custom Curve.
- Scroll down to the Falloff Curve subpanel.
- Note that there are three vertical grid lines, and three horizontal grid lines. There is a line that goes diagonally from upper left to lower right. That line is a Bezier Curve. When you click on that line a control point is put there and you can move that control point to change the shape of that line.
- Move the mouse over the diagonal line. Near the leftmost vertical grid, press the LMB and drag the ...