Time for action — seeing ray tracing
Now, you'll see ray tracing in action demonstrated with three simple spheres:
- Open up a new file.
- Delete the default cube.
- Press Shift+A. Create a UV Sphere from the Add Mesh menu.
- In the 3D View Tool Shelf, go to the Object Tools subpanel, and set Shading: to Smooth.
- Press Numpad 0 to get the Camera view.
- Press Shift+D to make a copy. Move the new sphere to the right and release it next to the original.
- In the Properties window, choose the Material button from the header. It's the ninth button from the left, with the chrome ball on it.
- Click on the New button and set the color in the Diffuse subpanel to red.
- Select the original sphere again.
- Press Shift+D to make a copy. Move the new sphere next to the original one ...