Time for action — simulating the glow of a kiln
Cycles offers a lot of ways to use light. You are going to simulate the glow of a kiln as a white sphere acts as a light source and bounces light off red faces turning the light that bounces to red light:
- Open a new file in Blender.
- In the center of the top header, click theLMB over the button that says Blender Render, and choose Cycles Render from the drop-down menu as shown in the following screenshot:
- Select the default lamp with theRMB. Press X to delete it.
- Select the cube with theRMB and press the Tab key to get into Edit Mode.
- In the 3D View Header, click on the Viewport Shading menu button and choose ...