Preparing the base mesh for sculpting
Once we have our base mesh completed, it's time to prepare it for the sculpting.
Gidiosaurus_base_mesh.blend file and be sure to be out of Edit Mode, and therefore in Object Mode.
- Select the character's mesh and go to the Object Modifiers window under the main Properties panel to the right.
- Go to the Mirror modifier panel and click on the Apply button.
- If this is the case, expand the Subdivision Surface modifier panel, be sure that the View level is at 1, and click on the Apply button.
- Press Tab to go into Edit Mode and, if necessary, select all the vertices by pressing A; then, press Ctrl + N to recalculate the normals and exit Edit Mode.
- Go to the Properties sidepanel on the ...