Take your first step into blockchain development by getting a hands-on experience with writing code to develop your own small blockchain, generate your own tokens, and deploy your first dApp.
About This Video
- A detailed course which allows you to understand the blockchain through code.
- Become familiar with blockchain and crypto terminologies and practices.
- Learn the Solidity coding language to generate tokens and smart contracts
- Learn how to compile and deploy a dApp from scratch and how to create sleek and interactive front-ends
The viewer will then begin learning the Solidity coding language which is essential for developing various blockchain dApps. We will go over the basic data types and functions with Solidity as we start to showcase to the viewer how exactly these functions can be used. The viewer will see their code work in action through the Remix IDE and get introduced to the MetaMask virtual wallet.
Our first task with the Solidity coding language will be to conduct token generation. The viewer will first get insight to the Web3 library before diving into the development for our token generation. Using the Remix IDE, we will be able to see our token be produced and then view various transactions which use our tokens.
The code bundle to this video course is available on it's github repository: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Blockchain-for-beginners/tree/master
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Creating a Simple Blockchain
- The Course Overview 00:03:31
- Blockchain Introduction 00:11:27
- Creating Our Mock Block and Blockchain 00:14:08
- Seeing How a Blockchain Can Detect Fraud 00:08:15
- Implementing A Simple Proof-of-Work 00:09:46
- Talking about Transactions and Miner Rewards 00:11:40
- How Transactions Are Sent/Received and Rewards Distributed 00:07:33
- Chapter 2 : Solidity and MetaMask
- Chapter 3 : Token Generation with Solidity
Chapter 4 : Creating and Deploying Your First Smart Contract
- Starting Our Smart Contract 00:13:31
- Finishing Our Smart Contract, Migrating to Our Local Environment, and Installing Our Modules 00:12:02
- Creating Our Compile Script 00:07:20
- Writing Tests Using Mocha and Ganache 00:27:26
- Setting Up Our Deploy Script and Creating a Custom Provider with Infura 00:07:13
- Interacting with Our Deployed Contract with Remix 00:03:30
- Chapter 5 : Adding Some Front-End Design to Your dApp
- Title: Blockchain Development for Beginners
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788830911