Bloggers Boot Camp shows you how to build a great blog from the ground up. This isn't a book about technology -- it's a book about engaging millions of readers. Starting your blog is easy, but building and maintaining a popular one is hard.
Blogging experts John Biggs and Charlie White (Gizmodo, Mashable and TechCrunch) share their secrets from the frontline showing you how to blog with quality and flair, find the best stories, and attract millions of readers to your blog.
Blogging goes way beyond writing. It's a conversation between you and your audience. Guiding you to blogging success Bloggers Boot Camp shows you how to:
* Uncover a niche for your blog, and realize key factors about yourself that you need to know before you write a single word.
* Gather the ideal tools for blogging, without spending too much or approaching it underequipped.
*Discover the best ways to spread the word about your new blog.
* Find the most compelling stories to write about, and get the information before anyone else does.
* Transform your writing by learning the subtle art of constructing a compelling, engaging blog post.
* Stimulate your readers to directly participate in the two-way conversation, perhaps the most exciting part of this new way of communicating.
Table of Contents
- Front Cover
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Chapter 1 The Niche
- Chapter 2 Getting Started
- Chapter 3 Target Practice
- Chapter 4 Hello, World
Chapter 5 What to Write About
- Need to Know
- How to Decide What Matters to Your Readers
- Finding News
- How to Select Sites for RSS
- Building Your RSS Feed
- Google Trends
- More Sources: Press Releases from PR People
- Conferences/Trade Shows
- Dinners & Events
- Aggregators Such as Google News
- Dealing with PR People
- Review Units
- Is It Worth It to Review?
- How to Snag Review Units
- Review It or Not—Pan It or Skip It?
- Should I Return Review Units?
- Further News Gathering
- Ten Questions to Ask Before Posting
Chapter 6 How to Write a Blog Post
- When Should You Post?
- Deadly Headline Kills 200,000 Innocent Readers
- To Capitalize or Not Capitalize
- Use Perfect Grammar or Your Credibility Is Shot
- Top Five Grammar Goofs
- The Finer Points
- Blogging Traps
- Types of Posts
- Graphics and How to Use Them
- Snark and the Single Blogger
- Post Length
- Being a Better Blogger
- Chapter 7 Mob Rule, Inciting a Riot, and Freedom of Speech
- Chapter 8 Building Traffic, Making Money and Measuring Success
- Chapter 9 Ethics Problems and How to Solve Them
- Chapter 10 Building an Empire
- Appendix A Tips and Tricks of the Trade
- Title: Bloggers Boot Camp
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9780240819174