Authentic leadership is an approach to leadership that emphasizes building the leader’s legitimacy through honest relationships with followers which value their input and are built on an ethical foundation. By building trust and generating enthusiastic support from their subordinates, authentic leaders are able to improve individual and team performance. Many scholars and practitioners of authentic leadership say that the number one quality of an authentic leader is self-awareness. Self-aware leaders are transformational. Armed with self-awareness they build engaging, cooperative teams. How to gain and sustain self-awareness is the focus of the book. This book addresses current leadership challenges in health care and gives leaders guidelines for finding, living and sharing their authentic voice at home and at work. It is a much needed handbook to give current leaders perspective and practical tips to being more authentic, communicating more effectively while building engaging rapport across the organization.
Additionally, a focus of the book is patient satisfaction. With a focus on nurse and physician leadership, this book provides new perspectives and action plans to increase patient satisfaction through communication that speaks to the needs of the patient in authentic and engaging ways.
Table of contents
- Half Title Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1 Why We Need Authentic Leaders
- Chapter 2 The Three Voices of Authentic Leaders
Chapter 3 Inner Voice Blueprint
A. Intuition â Authentic Leaders Master Their Intuition
- What Is Intuition?
- How Do Authentic Leaders Find Their Intuition?
- Authenticity Assessment
- Authenticity Assessment Intuition Question
- B. Integrity â Authentic Leaders Live with Integrity
C. Inspiration â Authentic Leaders Inspire Others
- What Is Inspiration?
- How Do Authentic Leaders Maximize Inspiration?
- Authenticity Assessment Inspiration Question
- D. Inner Voice Summary
- A. Intuition â Authentic Leaders Master Their Intuition
Chapter 4 Outer Voice Blueprint
A. Net Wellness â Authentic Leaders Take Care of Their Health
- Understanding Net Wellness
- Authenticity Assessment Net Wellness Question
- B. Network â Authentic Leaders Forge Quality Relationships
C. Net Wealth â Authentic Leaders Live with Joy
- What Is Net Wealth?
- Authenticity Assessment Net Wealth Question
- D. Outer Voice Summary
- A. Net Wellness â Authentic Leaders Take Care of Their Health
Chapter 5 Expressive Voice Blueprint
A. Legacy â Authentic Leaders Share Their Natural Gifts and Talents
- What Is Legacy?
- Building Your Legacy
- Authenticity Assessment Legacy Question
- B. Likeability â Authentic Leaders Are Likeable
- C. Lifestyle â Authentic Leaders Have a Lifestyle of Beneficial Habits
- D. Expressive Voice Summary
- A. Legacy â Authentic Leaders Share Their Natural Gifts and Talents
- Chapter 6 Scoring the Authenticity Assessment
- Chapter 7 The Importance of Alignment
Organizational Case Studies
- Chapter 8 Authenticity for Health Care Leaders
- Chapter 9 An Alternative Health Care Practitionerâs Perspective on Authentic Leadership
- Chapter 10 Authentic Leadership for Employee Retention
- Title: Blueprint for Engagement
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Productivity Press
- ISBN: 9781351718905
You might also like
Leadership, Work, and the Dark Side of Personality
Leadership, Work, and the Dark Side of Personality uses an interpersonal psychological perspective to unite general …
7 Principles of Transformational Leadership
In the world of work, the single greatest asset of successful individuals, teams, and organizations is …
The more traditional forms of leadership that are based on static hierarchies and professional distance between …
Servant Leadership in Action
“The only way to create great relationships and results is through servant leadership. It's all about …