1. MAC stands for Medium Access Control. How a transceiver uses a Physical Layer to communicate with other transceivers.
2. PHY stands for Physical Layer.
3. IEEE stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
4. FRAND stands for Fair, Reasonable, and Non-Discriminatory. This means that if you license your technology, you must do it at a fair price, on the same terms for everybody, regardless of who the licensee is.
5. SI stands for Système International (or International System in English), which is a system of standardized unit designations, typically in relation to scientific, engineering, and technical measurements such as seconds, meters, kilograms, and so on.