What does your body language say about you?
From strangers on the street, to your closest friends and family – even if you're not speaking, you're saying a lot with your body.
Body Language explores the way we use our bodies to communicate, the way we hold ourselves, the way we sit, stand, and point our hands, feet and eyes can all reveal how we are feeling in any given situation. This book explores the body language we use in a wide-range of business and personal-life scenarios, from delivering a presentation at work to how you should act on a first date!
Packed with images to clearly demonstrate each of the scenarios discussed, Body Language will help you understand the way others around you choose to communicate and also what you are saying with your own body. These valuable skills will improve your day to day communication, helping you to judge situations and understand how others around you are feeling.
Use Body Language to:
- Harness the power of your own body language
- Communicate confidently to all of those around you
- Dip in and out of useful scenarios to find the best advice for you
- Understand people's hidden emotions and learn what you are hiding yourself
- Tackle those important life events, such as interviews, first dates, important meetings and more!
Table of contents
- 1 What Your Body Language Says About You
- 2 Listening
- 3 Building Rapport and Networking
- 4 Persuasion
- 5 Assertiveness
- 6 Meetings
- 7 Interviews
- 8 Negotiation
- 9 Sales
- 10 Managing Others
- 11 Attracting Others
- 12 Detecting Lies
- 13 Dealing With Conflict, Aggression, and Confrontation
- 14 Cross-Cultural Communication
- A Quick Guide to Finding Out About Someone Without Asking
- About the Author
- Title: Body Language
- Release date: July 2016
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857087041
You might also like
Designing Web APIs
Using a web API to provide services to application developers is one of the more satisfying …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …