Developing a CMP Bean
It is now time to look at the process of building an entity bean. We will develop a simple CMP bean, but spend most of our time investigating and perfecting the process.
The process has some similarities to creating session beans. The following is the process we are going to use to investigate and build an entity bean:
- Implement the home interface.
- Define the appropriate finder methods.
- Implement the component interface.
- Define the bean implementation class.
- Build the deployment descriptor.
- Deploy the bean.
- Test the bean.
Defining the Home Interface
The home interface for an entity bean is similar to the home interface of a session bean. To review, its purpose is to create an instance, find existing instances, ...