Technology has revolutionized the business sector. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, employee, CEO, or executive, you’re likely feeling the effects of less humanity and more technology. Our minds are distracted, our attention spans are shortened, we want everything on demand, in boxes are never empty, our energy is frequently negative, we’re addicted to social media, and we’re sleep deprived. This cannot be the new normal. Breath is the antidote!
Breathe to Succeed shares the transformative power of breath in business. Even just three deep breaths at key moments can be nothing short of miraculous. With Abrams’s fast, simple, and effective breathing techniques, you'll become more mindful and engaged and experience better moods, a calmer perspective, and positive energy that will translate to next-level productivity, creativity, and clarity. Breathe to Succeed will teach you how to:
Utilize a variety of simple breath techniques to access your optimal energy and manage your emotions in the moment.
Become self-aware of your negative thought patterns/behavior and rewire your brain with positive new habits.
Activate the power of your mind to breathe through challenges, make better decisions, and reach goals effortlessly.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
Chapter 1: THE (UNDERUTILIZED) POWER OF BREATH FOR SUCCESS
- EMPOWER YOURSELF WITH BREATH
- BREATH IS THE NEW MEDITATION
- IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO BREATHE LIKE A BOSS!
- BREATH IS READY WHEN YOU ARE
- BREATH IS FOR SUCCESS . . . AND WELLNESS
- SELF-AWARENESS COMES FIRST
- GETTING TO KNOW YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- MANAGING NEGATIVITY
- IT'S A PRACTICE
- MAKING THE PRACTICE YOUR OWN
- SELF-AWARENESS SAVED ME FROM MYSELF!
- LEARNING TO LISTEN TO OURSELVES . . . AND OTHERS
- STEP ONE WITH SELF-AWARENESS
- WHAT DOES A SELF-AWARENESS CHECK-IN LOOK AND FEEL LIKE?
- A FEW IDEAS TO BEGIN YOUR SELF-AWARENESS CHECK-IN HABIT
- IT'S TIME TO TAP INTO YOUR BREATH!
Chapter 2: UNDERSTANDING THE POWER OF YOUR MIND
- THE BREATH “MULTIPLIERS”
- ONCE YOU'RE CLEAR ON YOUR GOALS, CONSIDER DEVELOPING AN INTENTION
- TAKING IT ONE STEP FURTHER: BUILDING COMPANY CULTURE
- CAUSE-BASED BUSINESSES AND B CORPS
- INTENTIONS WITH WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- POSITIVE MINDSET HELPS EXPAND YOUR ABILITY TO TAKE RISK
- CREATING YOUR OWN OPPORTUNITIES
- WHERE DO YOU USUALLY LIVE? PAST, PRESENT, OR FUTURE?
- MOVING INTO ACTION
- SIMPLE IS GOOD!
- COULD SOME STRESS BE GOOD?
- Chapter 3: BREATHE YOUR GOALS TO LIFE
Chapter 4: DIGITAL WELLNESS: UNPLUG TO RECHARGE
- RESPECTING OUR BRAIN
- CHALLENGE YOURSELF WITH ONE SWAP THIS WEEK
- IT'S NOT JUST THE YOUNG'UNS
- MY LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH TECH
- OVERCOMING FEELING NAKED WITHOUT MY PHONE
- ARE PHONES MAKING US LOSE OUR MEMORY?
- TAKE YOUR TECH TEMPERATURE
- CREATIVITY REQUIRES UNPLUGGING
- STUDIES ARE UNDERWAY FOR DIGITAL WELLNESS
- BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN DIGITAL WELLNESS
- IDEAS FOR UNPLUGGED TIME
- Chapter 5: TURN YOUR MORNING ROUTINE INTO A POWERFUL RITUAL
Chapter 6: C.E.'OMS: VISIONARIES OF MINDFUL BUSINESS
- C.E.'OM: YVON CHOUINARD, FOUNDER OF PATAGONIA
- C.E.'OM: AETNA CEO MARK BERTOLINI
- C.E.'OM: FORMER GOOGLE ENGINEER CHADE-MENG TAN
- C.E.'OM: SAP'S DIRECTOR OF MINDFULNESS PROGRAM, PETER BOSTELMANN
- C.E.'OM: FORMER GOOGLE ENGINEER BILL DUANE
- C.E.'OM: SALESFORCE CEO MARC BENIOFF
- C.E.'OM: LT. COL. JANNELL MACAULAY, U.S. AIR FORCE
- C.E.'OM: JANICE MARTURANO, FORMER VP AT GENERAL MILLS, NOW FOUNDER OF THE INSTITUTE OF MINDFUL LEADERSHIP
- C.E.'OM: KATE ROSS LEBLANC, CO-FOUNDER OF SAJE NATURAL WELLNESS
- C.E.'OM: OPRAH WINFREY
- Chapter 7: THE STUDENT BECOMES THE MASTER: OWNING YOUR BREATH
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Title: Breathe to Succeed
- Release date: May 2019
- Publisher(s): Career Press
- ISBN: 9781632657770
You might also like
Mindfulness Pocketbook: Little Exercises for a Calmer Life
Follow-up to the bestselling Mindfulness: Be Mindful. Live in the Moment. Gill Hasson, author of the …
John Adair's 100 Greatest Ideas for Personal Success
Everything You Need to Succeed in Business...in an Instant. John Adair's 100 Greatest Ideas for Personal …
Three Deep Breaths
These days all of us lead hectic, stressful lives. And most of us react to difficult …
Make the Most of Your Workday
Even if you don’t have your dream job, every day is precious and filled with opportunities. …