Every single day we receive a huge amount of information to read and we're expected to make sense of it all more than ever before. With access to countless facts, figures and opinions at the touch of a button, it’s easy to get lost in the constant flow of data.
Brilliant Speed Reading shows you how to breeze through books, newspapers, textbooks, reports – whatever you need to read, however you want to read it.
You will learn a simple yet powerful set of techniques that will build your reading speed, step by step, to at least double your current rate. Everything you learn will be reinforced by exercises and tips to ensure you get the most out of your new reading skills.
Brilliant Speed Reading is structured so you can easily measure, progress and consolidate your learning – you will be asked to time how long it takes to read each chapter and to record your speed on a chart at the beginning. Each chapter has a quiz at the end to help cement knowledge and measure comprehension.
· At least double your reading speed without loss of comprehension
· Beat information overload at home and at work
· Be able to read fast or slow – choose what works best for you
Table of Contents
- Title page
- About the author
- 1 Putting your reading speed into context
- 2 A definition of reading
- 3 Understanding your eyes
- 4 Managing your motivation and state of mind
- 5 Developing your peripheral vision
- 6 Skimming, scanning and selective reading
- 7 Use of a guide
- 8 Comprehension and retention
- 9 Reading for study
- 10 Reading from computer screens
- 11 Improving your vocabulary
- 12 Conclusion
- Appendix 1: Answers to comprehension questions
- Appendix 2: Speed reading hall of fame
- Further reading
- Title: Brilliant Speed Reading
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780273786351