BuddyPress is a plugin for WordPress and as such it needs to have WordPress installed before it can be used. First, we're going to do exactly that and install WordPress.
We need to have the following to install:
- Access to your remote server so you can set up a database and user
- FTP (File transfer protocol) client that lets you put files on your server
- A browser that you can view your site in
The famous five-minute WordPress install
WordPress is known for the speed of its installation, so let's go through that now:
- Download and unzip a ZIP file of the latest WordPress version from: http://wordpress.org/download/.
- Create a database on your server and a MySQL user who can access and modify that database. Consult your hosting provider ...