We can also use Skeletal Meshes and animations in Matinee. It's pretty straightforward, actually:
- In the Matinee editor, with a Skeletal Mesh selected in the level, we need to add a new Skeletal Mesh Group field.
- Then, within the properties of the newly created group, we need to add an entry to the Group Anim Sets array and then assign the Anim Set we wish to use.
- Then, within the group, we need to add a new Anim Control Track field.
- If we try to add a new Anim Control Track field and it doesn't let us, that likely means that we don't actually have a Skeletal Mesh properly attached to the Matinee sequence, so we should double check that.
- Once we have the Anim Control Track field, we can add a keyframe the same way we always do ...