With the technology available today, it isn’t hard to build applications fast that are scalable and resilient.
Tanmai Gopal (KintoHub) live-codes the backend of an app with real-world business logic, using the best-of-breed technology from the open source and cloud ecosystem. The three factors of this backend are real-time GraphQL, eventing, and serverless. Without diving into explanations of what the technologies are or how they work, you’ll learn the power of this three-factor architecture and its tangible impact on feature velocity as Tanmai builds the backend before your eyes.
You’ll then help test the app by placing orders simultaneously to understand how this architecture enabled scalability without any effort. Tanmai will cause network failures between the different components of the backend as your orders are being processed to show how the event-driven approach allows for built-in reliability.
- Familiarity with the basics of building and operating a backend for web/mobile applications
- Hands-on knowledge of APIs, databases, and deploying code (useful but not required)
- Title: Build an app with real-time GraphQL, managed PostgreSQL, and async serverless business logic
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920361787