Take your game ideas from paper to pixels using Sprite Kit, Apple's 2D game development engine. Build two exciting games using Sprite Kit and learn real-world, workshop-tested insights about game design, including cognitive complexity, paper prototyping, and levels of fun. You'll learn how to implement sophisticated game features such as obstacles and weapons, power-ups and variable difficulty, physics, sound, special effects, and both single- and two-finger control. In no time, you'll be building your own thrilling iOS games.
Table of Contents
Build iOS Games with Sprite Kit
- For the Best Reading Experience...
- Table of Contents
- Early Praise for Build iOS Games with Sprite Kit
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Sprite Kit
- Chapter 2: Actions: Go, Sprite, Go!
- Chapter 3: Explosions and Particle Effects
- Chapter 4: Menus and Cutscenes
- Chapter 5: Keeping Score with a Heads-Up Display
- Chapter 6: Pinball Physics 101
- Chapter 7: More Physics: Paddles and Collisions
- Chapter 8: Polishing the Pinball Game
- Chapter 9: Where to Go Next
- Title: Build iOS Games with Sprite Kit
- Release date: July 2014
- Publisher(s): Pragmatic Bookshelf
- ISBN: 9781941222102