Chapter 1. Setting Up Your Raspberry Pi
Before we can get into the realms of building our home security system, there's a bit of preparation work needed to get our Raspberry Pi up and running. So, we're going to go through the initial steps needed to get our Pi ready to be worked on.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Exploring the different versions of the Raspberry Pi that are available
- Choosing the right Raspberry Pi version for your system
- Preparing the SD Card with the Raspbian Operating System
- Learning how to remotely access the Raspberry Pi over your home network
- Updating our operating system with the latest packages
- Exploring the time-keeping options on the Raspberry Pi
- Setting the user and root passwords to secure our Raspberry ...