Join us for a 5 part series with Nicole Sanchez, the tech industry’s premier consultant for DEI, to learn what you can do to build a more inclusive workplace, how to have difficult but necessary conversations about DEI at your workplace, which metrics really matter, and how to hire and mentor with DEI as a central part of your strategy.
For the last several years, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) has dominated tech headlines. Companies are beginning to understand that DEI is a vital part of a healthy and successful company. But in the wake of COVID-19 and the resurgence of the Movement for Black Lives, how will this work shift? Will companies stay committed to DEI? And how can we leverage the best practices of inclusion to create sustainable business practices in this challenging time?
In this 5 part series, Nicole Sanchez—Founder and CEO of tech’s leading DEI firm, Vaya Consulting—will talk about where DEI is going next and how companies can move beyond rhetoric and into action.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, five-part-series, you’ll understand:
- How your workplace measures up on DEI
- The importance of mentorship in DEI work
- That change needs to be tied to business goals and metrics for success
- The importance of listening to underrepresented groups and putting systems in place that really support their career growth
And you'll be able to:
- Have conversations about DEI, and specifically race, with your colleagues and leadership
- Put in place hiring practices that support diversity
- Hire and retain underrepresented employees at your organization
This training course is for you because...
- It’s time to prioritize and invest in DEI in your company
- Watch “Meet the Expert: Nicole Sanchez on the Future of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Tech” (video)
- Read So You Want to Talk About Race (book by Ijeoma Oluo)
- Read Algorithms of Oppression (book by Safiya Umoja Noble)
- Explore "Every Single Cognitive Bias in One Infographic" (graphic)
- Follow and explore Diversity and Inclusion (playlist)
- Read Chapter 4 “Engineering for Equity” in Software Engineering at Google (book)
- Read Inclusive Leadership: The Definitive Guide to Developing and Executing an Impactful Diversity and Inclusion Strategy (book)
- Follow and explore DEI Resources (playlist)
- Read Subtle Acts of Exclusion (book)
Table of contents
- Title: Building a More Inclusive Workplace. Mentorship: How to build a program in service of DEI
- Release date: December 2020
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920507178
You might also like
Eat That Frog! Video Training Program
It’s like getting a private coaching session from one of the world’s leading success experts! In …
Peer Supervision in Coaching and Mentoring
Supervision is increasingly required for a coach’s and a mentor's professional development, and engaging in reflective …
Meet the Expert: Titus Winters on Software Engineering Principles at Google
Google arguably maintains one of the largest codebases ever, and the expected lifespan of the codebase …
Getting Started with MongoDB and NoSQL LiveLessons
4+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview The need for unstructured data management has grown beyond what …