Next generation Serverless and scalable applications from the ground up, leveraging Amazon's application services, including API Gateway, Lambda, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, S3, and SQS
About This Video
- Build a fully serverless, fully scalable application from the ground up
- Gain an understanding of what it is to be “serverless”
- Design and implement your very own serverless API
Serverless computing allows you to build and run applications and services without thinking about servers. With serverless computing, your application still runs on servers, but all the server management is done by AWS. Using AWS and its Serverless Platform, you can build and deploy applications on cost-effective services that provide built-in application availability and flexible scaling capabilities. This lets you focus on your application code instead of worrying about provisioning, configuring, and managing servers.
The course will show viewers how to build a fully serverless, fully scalable application from the ground up, leveraging some of Amazon's suite of application services, including API Gateway, Lambda, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, S3, and SQS. We will start by gaining an understanding of what it means to be “serverless”, and how some of this cutting-edge technology can help us to build serverless applications before we move on to designing and implementing our very own serverless API.
By the end of the course, you will understand the clear benefits of next-generation serverless architecture, such as never again needing to worry about how to scale an application or manage virtual servers.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Scalable Serverless APIs
- Chapter 2 : Integrating Lambda with a Database
- Chapter 3 : ChapterName
- Title: Building A Scalable Serverless Application on AWS
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788476065