Starting with an overview of the core concepts behind Knockout.js to create a real-world application, you'll begin your journey by first learning to build a simplified version of Google Docs. You'll discover the power of data binding and dependency tracking to automatically keep various parts of your application in sync. Next, you’ll learn how you can use debugging techniques to track errors before moving on to creating a spreadsheet to represent more complex data structures. Lastly, you’ll learn how to create a form and then save and load a page using server side functionality.
The final section of the course lets you explore best practices and some additional tools you can use to ensure a maintainable code base.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Exploring Knockout.js
- Chapter 2: Using Knockout.js
- Chapter 3: Getting Started with Knockout Docs
- Chapter 4: Common Errors and Debugging
- Chapter 5: A More Complex Type: Spreadsheets
- Chapter 6: Advanced Techniques
- Chapter 7: Working With Forms: Creating Surveys
- Chapter 8: Saving and Loading Data
- Title: Building a Single Page Web Application with Knockout.js
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783284054