Create interactive augmented reality experiences for iOS and Android and use AR for marketing, games, product visualization and more
About This Video
- Learn how to access the Vuforia SDK from the Unity editor and set up an AR application.
- Create a variety of AR applications each exploring a different purpose of AR.
- Deploy our created AR applications directly to your mobile device to see how they work in a real world environment.
The possibilities of Augmented Reality in application development is limitless and with the use of AR.js providing a framework with a set of utilities, we have a solution for efficiently doing AR on the web. It is very fast, provides pure web solution, open source and cross-platform. So anybody with a modern phone can enjoy open-source AR applications.
Vuforia is the latest addition within the new version of unity engine and one of the top AR SDKs on the market today.In this course you will learn to create AR applications using Unity and Vuforia and deploy them directly to our mobile devices for Android platform, and a brief on implementing these to iOS platform as well. You will begin by learning the main features of Vuforia by creating a simple application. You will be introduced to Vuforia developer portal, where you can access the marker database to create your own custom markers to use for your projects. Once you have a good understanding of how the Vuforia SDK can work, you will then explore different facets of AR development. A few useful applications will take a look into an AR drawing app, an object identifier/translator, a voice activated app and a face tracking app (like Snapchat). By creating these projects you will be able to understand the vast possibilities of AR technology and explore its important features.
By the end of this course you will have a firm understanding of how to develop AR focused applications using Unity and Vuforia, and also how other technologies can be used in development to extend the functionalities of these apps.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with AR and Vuforia
- Chapter 2 : Marker Functionalities- Creating a Drawing App
- Chapter 3 : Creating a Voice Activated Greeting Card
- Chapter 4 : Using APIs for an Object Identifier
- Chapter 5 : Facial Tracking with XZIMG
- Title: Building AR Applications with Unity and Vuforia
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788999199