7+ Hours of Video Instruction
Learn how to build cross-platform apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone in C# using a single code base from the comfort of your own Visual Studio with this video training course from Chris Sells.
This course will show you how to build a real-world mobile app targeting iOS, Android and Windows Phone using Xamarin 3 integrated with Visual Studio.
Gone are the days when you could target Windows and hit the majority of your potential users, especially for consumer apps. Now, with the release of Xamarin 3, it’s possible to build your entire app in a way that’s shared between iOS, Android and Windows Phone. For the first time, you can share the entire code base of an app between the three platforms, not just some libraries. Building Cross-Platform Mobile Apps with Xamarin and Visual Studio LiveLessons is a hands-on course that takes you through an entire app end-to-end, including inception, design, implementation, device-specific debugging, packaging, deployment, monitoring and maintenance.
About the Instructor
Chris Sells has a long history of both public speaking and writing, including many books for Pearson, all rated 4+ stars on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Chris-Sells/e/B001H6OL1K). He’s traveled the world giving scores of conference talks and many keynotes. He’s also authored several courses over a decade as an instructor for DevelopMentor, the company that set the standard for instructor-led training.
Chris also has a long history with hands on development of all kinds, including devices and the cloud that is the dominant form of modern development. Over 30 years as a software engineer, he’s been a developer, customer support specialist, an author, QA, chief architect, a consultant, VP and CTO. Chris has deployed or been in charge of deploying scores of real-world apps across hundreds of releases, including parts of Visual Studio itself. You can read more about his career on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=87998).
What You Will Learn
- How to build a single UI implementation to be shared between iOS, Android and Windows Phone
- How to build a responsive UI to be shared between phone and tablet
- How to build an adaptive UI that looks like a native app on each platform
- How to drop down to the native-specific APIs when appropriate
- How to debug across different devices
- How to package for and deploy to the Apple Store, Google Play and the Windows Store
Who Should Take this Course?
- .NET developers who want to write iOS apps without using Xcode
- .NET developers who want to build Android apps without leaving Visual Studio
- C# developers who want to build mobile apps without learning Objective-C or Java
- Developers who need to get native code performance from their C# apps
- Developers who need to share their code between multiple mobile platforms
- Some .NET and C# programming background
- Visual Studio 2013 installation
- Xamarin 3 installation
- Familiarity with smart phone and tablet as a user
About LiveLessons Video Training
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, VMware Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home & Office Technologies, Business & Management, and more. View all LiveLessons at http://www.informit.com/livelessons.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1: Getting Started
- Lesson 2: Building Apps
- Lesson 3: Tailoring Apps
- Lesson 4: Publishing to the Store
- Title: Building Cross-Platform Mobile Apps with Xamarin and Visual Studio LiveLesson (Video Training): Share your apps code base between iOS, Android and Windows Phone
- Release date: March 2015
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780134052144