Create stunning data visualizations with D3.js and Angular 2
About This Video
Build a complete data visualization mapping app with Angular 2
Integrate D3.js and Angular 2 to build several powerful data visualization components
Add event handlers and animations to your Angular 2 Mapping app using D3.js components
Browser-based visualization has been revolutionized by D3.js, the most flexible and powerful data visualization library available today. Angular 2 will power many of the most interesting and innovative websites and apps in years to come. This practical tutorial gives real-world solutions to how your data can be brought to life by harnessing the power of D3.js and using it in tandem with Angular 2.
The course begins by showing you how to connect data effectively to SVG elements using D3.js and provides an introduction to making D3 data visualizations interactive.
It then moves on to creating a basic Angular 2 application complete with components, services, data and event binding, and a testing infrastructure.
Finally, you will learn how to integrate D3.js into an Angular 2 application. You will build a data dashboard out of flexible Angular 2 components. Towards the end of this volume you will learn to leverage a few advanced features and functionalities such as incorporating real-time data streams, and adding interactivity and animations.
This course will provide you with the knowledge base and skill set to visualize virtually any data set and allow your audience to interact with these visualizations to gain deeper insight.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Installation and Setup
- Chapter 2 : Building a Bar Graph
- Chapter 3 : Building a Choropleth Map
- Chapter 4 : Making D3 Visualizations Interactive
- Chapter 5 : Angular 2 overview
Chapter 6 : Building an Angular 2 App
- Angular CLI 00:06:51
- Working with Structural Directives and Class Bindings 00:05:27
- Adding Services 00:08:45
- Working with Angular 2 Forms 00:12:44
- Adding a Router 00:06:28
- Chapter 7 : Real-time Data and D3 in Angular 2
- Chapter 8 : Creating D3 Components
- Title: Building Data Visualizations with D3 and Angular 2
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781786466693